Wednesday, January 6th. 8h53 am
As I’m spreading (a lot of) Nutella on my 3rd toast, an idea comes to my sleepy head: 10 things I love most about cycling.
*Simple concept: I’m sure it has been done before. But just not by me!
*The challenge: stick with only 10 reasons.
You see, simple doesn’t mean effortless since there are probably about a hundred good reasons why I enjoy spending time on my wheels and italian pink saddle.
*My way out: create a sequence. This way, with choosing 10 at a time, I’ll be able to go up to 100. Ouff, won’t have the feeling of leaving out stuff!
*Join in! Hey, what about you? Why do you love the sport so much? Help me make up my list. Tell me via Twitter or post it on my blog!
- Team bibs : when they fit perfectly, I feel like a pro. Also, I get very excited over new bibs! I’m now waiting for new Garmin ones (white) that Pat bought me for Chrismas.
- Food I can indulge after a long and intense ride. And once a week, a piece of chocolate cake…
- Sprinting a road sign: hiding behind Pat, pretending not having seen the sign, choosing the right time and then, going all out for a few seconds to win it. Against Pat, gotta go at the last minute otherwise he kills me!
- New socks. XS are perfect fit for me.
- Buying a cycling magazine and heading out to a café in the middle of the afternoon to read it. Even love the smell as I turn the pages…
- Cold wind blowing gently in my face.
- Cyclist’s tan : being laughed at when wearing my bikini. I don’t really care the silly look; it’s all worth it!
- After more than 10 years, getting excited and sometimes even nervous before a ride.
- Rich, poor, doesn’t matter; money doesn’t make you a good cyclist. Dedication does.
- Jelly Beans, Gummy Bears, Cliff Shots Bloks. Red all the way!
… To be continued.